The ideal candidate for the Production Supervisor will be a hands-on professional who will be expected to offer ideas and suggestions on improving: the set-up and operation of the equipment, apply the principles of lean manufacturing to improve the utilization and productivity of the jobs being run, and to contribute to the success of the team by achieving the overall plant goals set forth in the operation and be rewarded financially for doing so through a monthly employee bonus.
Current opening is for Second Shift
Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Lead/Supervisor provides direction for all Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity and Cost Effectiveness objectives and goals of Cell or Department. He/ She ensures that the team is meeting all Customer and production needs while providing leadership for all members of the team.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
To act as a liaison between management and employees. Provide direction, allocate and utilize resources.
- Provide leadership and direction to provide a safe operation at all times.
- Coordinate all activities of the Cell or Department
- Prioritize / assign jobs, monitor variances.
- Implement skills training, order tools and supplies
- Work with employees in the areas of safety, equipment, operations, corrective action, productivity, quality and 6S housekeeping practices.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas. Offers ideas, suggestions, and improvement concepts for improving the utilization and productivity of the equipment being run.
- Manage department performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to Plant manager.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism; administer timekeeping and discipline.
- Conducts employee annual performance reviews.
- Provide team with measurement tools and expectations to report critical operating parameters.
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement with a team approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Ensure development of all employees whom report to you through the training and performance management processes.
Knowledge and skills required:
- High school education or GED required, additional degree preferred
- Prior Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office software and Business systems,
- Ability to read and write, perform basic arithmetic and follow verbal and written instructions. May require limited training or knowledge in specialized area.
Essential Job Functions:
Grip and grasp tools; repetitive lifting of materials/parts weighing 5-10 lbs; form parts and perform fine manipulation; turning and twisting wrists and hands. Operate machinery; able to use phone; sit and stand for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills..
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including bonuses, medical, dental, vision, 401k savings plan, training and education, safety equipment reimbursement and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities